September 29th, 2014 by admin[caption id="attachment_1958" align="aligncenter" width="577"] Visual Interactive Voice Response[/caption] The rapid growth of mobile devices and Internet usage has also increased the expectations of customers. Customers are able to call up a company from everywhere and at any time of the day or night. Thus, going through the cumbersome process of traditional Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is no more a preferred choice and customers are looking at newer means to communicate. People prefer to leverage the power of mobile communication and this is why Visual IVR (Visual Interactive Voice Response) is gaining popularity.
Visual and Video Interactive Voice ResponseThe primary concept behind Visual Interactive Voice Response and traditional IVR is the same and the only difference is that there are visual menus in Visual IVR. The visual menus provide an enhanced visual experience to the customers. Users are able to interact with the help of the visual interface. They are able to click or touch the visual menus on their computer screen or mobile for a particular action. This technology can be used on the web or mobile apps. Companies are using this technology to provide a single point access to all customer needs. Thus, customers who wish to avail billing or any other information on their mobile, can easily do so by accessing Visual IVR apps. Video IVR is another form of visual IVR where video forms a part of the interface.
Graphical Content Routing for IVRCompanies can leverage the power of this new technology to grow their business. Visual IVR can be a real win-win deal. Customers can avoid the tiring process of listening to menus and instead scan their screen to select the activity of their choice. Visual IVR can be used with the existing IVR as it just adds some new functionality to the old script. Graphical Content Routing (GCR) is the other name for this new technology which gives customers the choice of sticking with their old IVR or migrating to the new visual interactive voice system.
Benefits of Visual IVRCustomers will be able to select the required menu from the list on their screen while using the Visual IVR. This will save them from the ordeal of listening to long winding messages while trying to choose the right option. This is not the only advantage as users will be able to enjoy several other benefits like:
- Short call times: Prior to connecting the callers to the agents, important information pertaining to the call are collected. This is a great way to save a lot of call time and customers will be comfortable with short and precise calls.
- Reduced number of calls: The sophisticated graphical design facilitates readymade solution to customer issues. Thus, the calls need not be passed on to the agents and the problems or queries could be easily resolved through Visual IVR.
- Efficient routing: As the system is pretty easy, customers are able to choose the correct menu which routes the calls to the right agents. Thus, a lot of time and energy is saved through an efficient routing system.
- Good ROI: Companies can expect to realize their ROI within a short time by implementing Visual IVR. Several service providers provide easy online ROI calculation.
- Better insights on customer behavior: Companies will be able to get real time reports on the navigational behavior of their customers. Thus, it will be easier for them to get insights on the bottlenecks or pain points.